This is nothing more than the philosophy that each martial artist tries to live with. Respect the correct order of things and how they should be done. Thus, in the dojo each student learns to follow rules in order to build a respectable character.
- Some people have the misguided interpretation of the ‘bow’.
- To our training partner before and after performing a technique.
- When entering and leaving the dojo.
- When stepping on and off the mat.
- To an instructor after receiving instruction or asking a question.
- PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT PAYING HOMAGE TO FOREIGN GODS. WE USE IT AS A SIMPLE MARK OF RESPECT – NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.